Any student who has or will meet the degree requirements for graduation by the end of the spring or summer semester, may participate in the May graduation ceremony. Summer 2017, Fall 2018 and Spring 2018 graduates may participate (march) in the May 2018 commencement ceremony.
There are three graduation points in the academic year. The Graduation Confirmation form should be filled out by:
- Last Friday of March for May graduation
- Last Friday of July for August graduation
- Last Friday of November for the December graduation
- For directions on how to access the Graduation Confirmation form: click this link. grad confirm.pdf
All graduating students may participate in the commencement ceremony in May. They must indicate on the Graduation Confirmation that they are planning on participating in the ceremony regardless of actual graduation term and must order regalia.
Eligibility for degree or certificate conferment is contingent upon completion of all requirements of a designated program of study in accordance with the Maine Community College System and CMCC requirements. Students must:
- Satisfactorily complete all courses in the program.
- Complete the aggregate number of credit hours in a program with a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0.
- Participate in College-wide or program-specific assessment activities.
- Meet the residency requirements as defined in the CMCC catalog.
- Fulfill all financial obligations to the College in order to receive a degree or certificate. (Make sure all library fines, fees, account balances, etc. are paid at the CMCC business office).
Students who are no more that 6 credits short of completing degree requirements and wish to participate in graduation ceremony (commencement) may do so if the student is enrolled for the required credits during the next term that the course or courses are available.
All degree requirements, including transfer credit must be completed and accepted by the College prior to the last semester of enrollment. The only exceptions are the courses in which the student is currently enrolled.
What is the process for graduation?
1. Prior to the last semester, the student and advisor must meet to go over all program requirements. If course substitutions need to be made, they must be made before the student's last semester so that audit will be accurate. Waiting until the last semester may put student in jeopardy of not graduating on time. Student may fill out the Graduation Confirmation once the advisor confirms that graduation is likely for the next semester.
2. The Registrar's office will review student records which meet the minimum credit hours needed to complete the degree. An email will be sent to those students indicating they are being reviewed for graduation. If it has not been done yet, the student must fill out the Graduation Confirmation form by logging in to CM Connect. The Graduation Confirmation is under Graduation and Commencement Information. (You will also indicate whether you are participating in the graduation ceremony). If there is an issue with your audit, the Registrar's Office will contact you and/or your advisor, by email, for clarification. If you believe that you should be graduating and have NOT been contacted by the Registrar's office, please contact us immediately.
3. At the end of the term, after final grades have been recorded, the Registrar's Office will begin its final review of student audits. If the student fails to fulfill the program requirements, they will receive an email to their CMCC email account. It is important to regularly check your student email account, and provide accurate personal email and phone numbers.