Understand basic organization of the various types of hospitals and healthcare organizations.
How internal and external forces have shaped the healthcare industry.
Roles of various stakeholders.
Influence of Federal legislation.
functional components of an integrated delivery system.
The role of government in healthcare services.
Power Point presentation
Student Workbook questions/quiz - AHIMA
1. Define-Key terms
Continuum of care
Critical access hospital
Extended care facility
Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act
Medical staff bylaws
2. Name and define the providers that are included under the term medical practice or doctor.
Name and define: five (5) medical specialties.
Name and define: five (5) surgical specialties.
Name and define: eight (8) Allied Health professions.
3. IN YOUR OWN WORDS:
1. Acute care hospitals
2. Ambulatory care/physician office settings
3. Long-term care facilities
4. Behavioral healthcare facilities
5. Home health organizations
6. Hospice organizations
7. Obstetric/gynecologic care settings
8. Rehabilitation services organizations
Upload answers to the above key terms and questions in a WORD document only.
Selecting this option will create a virtual link between the new copy you're creating in the File Cabinet and the original. This feature will allow updates from the original to be applied to the copy if chosen.
You can unlink this copy at any time on the File Cabinet page.